ManageEngine Leverages Microsoft SCCM to Patch Third-Party Applications
October 2016 by Emmanuelle Lamandé
ManageEngine formally announced Patch Connect Plus, its software that uses Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to manage patches for third-party applications.
The new product eliminates all system vulnerabilities present in the network by using an organization’s existing SCCM infrastructure to perform updates required for non-Microsoft applications.
Preview of ManageEngine Patch Connect Plus:
• Support for over 250 applications: Patch Connect Plus supports patch management of over 250 non-Microsoft applications common to businesses around the world
• Automated third-party patch management: Patch Connect Plus facilitates automatic scheduling of scans and deployment of patches using Microsoft SCCM
• Usage of the SCCM console: The product helps customers overcome the need to learn about a new console because they’ll be using the same SCCM console to manage third-party patches
• Choice of patching selected applications: The product allows administrators to patch only significant applications or patch all applications in the network
• One-time setup requirement: Setup is easy, with very few steps. These steps are explained using support documents
• Intelligent patching: Application patching takes place when the applications are not in use, increasing the chance of a successful software update
• Receive notifications: Receive the status of the available patches for your applications and get notified of new supported applications
Pricing and Availability
Patch Connect Plus is available immediately. Pricing starts at just $495.