Yubico launched of its enhanced YubiEnterprise Subscription programme
January 2023 by Marc Jacob
Yubico announced it is re-defining enterprise security with the launch of its enhanced YubiEnterprise Subscription programme, expanded Security Key Series, and updated pricing structure. With the onslaught of today’s sophisticated attacks specifically targeting enterprises, these updates will help better equip organisations with hardware-based authentication and complimentary services needed to prevent the constant threat companies are facing.
The key to preventing cybersecurity attacks
With the latest enhancements to YubiEnterprise Subscription and the expanded Security Key Series, Yubico is making its products more accessible for enterprises with comprehensive options for organisations to update their security strategies, utilise a YubiKey-as-a-Service model, and gain access to enterprise services and tools to help them modernise their MFA.
To help organisations move more easily to the strongest security posture with phishing-resistant MFA, Yubico is introducing a completely updated YubiEnterprise Subscription programme to organisations with 500 users or more. Available in both Standard and Plus plans, there are many benefits to YubiEnterprise Subscription, including:
• Lower cost to entry – Gain phishing-resistant MFA for less than the price of a cup of coffee per user per month (OPEX) with additional subscription-only entitlements and discounts built-in
• Flexibility – Enable user choice to select preferred YubiKeys in subscription tiers over time with options to upgrade as needs evolve
• Future-proofed – Ensure security is always prioritised with replacement keys that can be used for employee churn, lost devices, or secure authentication backups
• Faster rollout – Quickly deploy and protect your workforce, your brand, and stay connected to security experts through Professional Services, a dedicated Customer Success Manager, and 24x7x365 Priority Support
• Seamless distribution – Leveraging YubiEnterprise Delivery, organisations can automate time-consuming tasks such as shipping, inventory management, and more
These benefits are available with both Plus and Standard subscription. Organisations can derive the best value by opting for Plus subscription which includes additional value and services. Standard offers a la carte add-ons.
Security Key Series *COMING SOON*
The expanded Security Key Series line-up will include two new enterprises, FIDO-only (FIDO2/WebAuthn and FIDO U2F) keys, to provide phishing-resistant MFA to organisations’ authentication. Additionally, the Security Key Series line-up will transition from blue to black in colour, bringing it into alignment with the long-time trusted, iconic look and feel of the flagship YubiKey 5 Series.
With the same support and feature set as the two original keys, the enterprise Security Keys will only be available as part of the YubiEnterprise Subscription programme and include serial numbers to meet current and future enterprise requirements. The black Security Key Series will include an etching on the back of the devices to differentiate from YubiKey models.
The introduction of black Security Keys helps streamline manufacturing as Yubico meets heightened customer demand.
Updated pricing structure
As part of its mission to make the internet safer for everyone, and to make phishing-resistant MFA accessible, the company is continuing to aim at providing the highest quality solutions at a competitive price for businesses. Yubico’s goal is to continue to drive innovation and to do so, Yubico is making updates to increase pricing on most of its devices. Even as perpetual prices are raised, the YubiEnterprise Subscription pricing in comparison delivers a value increase at a compelling price point.
The updated pricing is a result of macro-economic trends and component expenses. These changes will help Yubico continue to innovate and help the company meet the growing needs of enterprises as they face urgency to move to modern, phishing-resistant MFA for their global user base.