Check Point Endpoint Security delivers endpoint security in a single, centrally managed agent
February 2008 by Marc Jacob
Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd. announced Check Point Endpoint Security™, This solution combines the highest-rated firewall, network access control (NAC), program control, antivirus, anti-spyware, data security and remote access. The new solution protects PCs by providing superior security and eliminates the need to deploy and manage multiple agents, reducing total cost of ownership.
Designed to protect company laptops and PCs against malware, data loss and theft and other threats while enabling secure remote access to the corporate network, Check Point Endpoint Security dramatically simplifies security by providing a single software agent, single management console and single installation easily deployed and managed by a single administrator.
Check Point Endpoint Security originates from best-of-breed, independently recognized technologies, including: the industry-leading firewall; anti-malware based on the award-winning ZoneAlarm®; data security based on Pointsec® technology, currently deployed on over 14 million PCs and a leader in the Gartner Mobile Data Protection Magic Quadrant for 2007; and the market-leading remote access VPN with over 150 million users. These features combined with Check Point’s management technology represent the next generation of comprehensive endpoint security, delivered today only by Check Point.
The unification of these leading security technologies under a single, centrally managed agent, not only benefits enterprises with increased security, but also reduces complexity as well as deployment, management and audit costs. With Check Point Endpoint Security’s unique SmartDefense™ Program Advisor service administrators can effectively control which programs are allowed to run on corporate PCs by leveraging a dynamic database of hundreds of thousands of known good and bad programs to automate policy decisions and terminate malicious programs.
Check Point Endpoint Security features include:
* Firewall/NAC/Program Control - Protects endpoint systems by restricting both inbound and outbound traffic, ensuring that they are in a secure state before allowing access to the network and automatically enforcing policies on which programs are allowed to run on PCs.
* Antivirus/Anti-spyware – Detects and removes viruses, spyware and other malware based on a combination of signatures, behavior blockers, and heuristic analysis, featuring the highest detection rates and hourly signature updates through the SmartDefense update service.
* Data Security - Provides data protection on laptops, PCs, and removable media via a strong and efficient blend of full-disk encryption, access control, port management and removable media encryption.
* Remote Access - Enables secure remote access to end users by encrypting and authenticating data transmitted during remote access sessions between the endpoint and corporate network.
“Customers are looking for single endpoint agent that provides the powerful security they need with the management convenience they desire. Check Point Endpoint Security is that solution,” concluded Shwed.
Pricing and Availability:
Check Point Endpoint Security Secure Access Edition is available immediately and can be purchased through Check Point’s worldwide network of value-added resellers. Other editions will be added and available in Q2.
- Caroline Ikomi, Check Point: What’s the best approach to protecting the business data on mobile computing devices?