Gartner Positions AirWatch by VMware as a Leader and Highest on Ability to Execute Axis in 2015 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management
June 2015 by Marc Jacob
AirWatch® by VMware® announced today that Gartner, Inc. has positioned AirWatch as a “Leader” in the annual Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management. AirWatch has been named a Leader since the inception of the report in 2011, and Gartner placed AirWatch highest on the ability to execute axis for the third consecutive year.
Breaking away from the pack with innovations, partnerships and customers
• In January 2015, VMware reported AirWatch capped the previous year with $200 million in bookings and 2,000 employees. Today, AirWatch has more than 16,000 customers. This makes AirWatch the largest EMM vendor in terms of customers, bookings and employees.
• In February 2015, AirWatch announced AirWatch 8, the most significant platform update since the $1.54 billion acquisition by VMware. AirWatch 8 features radically simplified end user experience, reduces strain on IT, enhances unified endpoint management features and enables next generation applications in the enterprise.
• In March 2015, AirWatch announced ACE (App Configuration for Enterprise) alongside industry leaders such as Cisco. AirWatch spearheaded the formation of ACE, a free, open and vendor-neutral approach to standardizing application development in the enterprise.
• VMware has strategically integrated AirWatch into various facets of its business, including the VMware NSX™ network virtualization platform, VMware Identity Management™ and VMware Collaboration Bundle™, while allowing the core EMM product to stay independent to focus on development and innovation.
• AirWatch customers continue to be the most innovative in their industries, and to highlight their unique mobility stories AirWatch launched Mobile Game Changer, a video series to highlight these groundbreaking mobile initiatives. Delta Air Lines, Merck and VITAS are among the companies that have showcased their stories.
• With customers in 150 countries, AirWatch offers globalized solutions available in 17 languages with localized sales and support 24/7/365.
*Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Software, Terrence Cosgrove, et al, June 8, 2015.
Gartner Disclosure Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.